Inside: Get tons of ideas for Playdough Mats to help your child learn a variety of skills and help their fine motor skills.
Squish, roll, smash the Playdough between your fingers. Playdough is an awesome material for kids to manipulate with their hands to learn a variety of skills. They can use the Playdough to form shapes, letters, numbers, and more!
Playdough mats are a great addition to any Playdough activity to help give the child a visual of how to form certain shapes or pictures. They can help them explore different topics and lessons in a fun hands on way.
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our disclosure statement for more details.
Printable Playdough Mats
Printable Playdough mats are a super fun way to expand and learn while playing with Playdough. I wanted to give you some amazing resources with tons of FREE printable Playdough mats that you can use for any time of the year with your kiddos. You can check them out below.
- Free Printable Playdough Mats and Play Dough Recipes by 123 Homeschool 4 Me. You can check them out here.
- 100 Free Playdough Mats by Playdough to Plato. You can check them out here.
Educational Playdough Mats
Playdough mats can be used in an educational way and for lots for fun with your kiddo! I have loved being able to use Playdough mats to teach letter shapes, numbers, shapes, and emotions on faces. Check out these super fun activities to help you teach letters, numbers, shapes, and emotions.
Letter Playdough mats can be a super fun and hands on way to introduce your child to letter formations and letter recognition.
We love using Playdough Mats for teaching letters, because they are also using their hands and engaging their senses. That means they may have an easier time remembering the letters. This can really help with letter formation and when they begin to write letters.
Check out these super fun alphabet letter mats:
- FREE Printable Alphabet Play Dough Mats by Fun Learning For Kids. Check them out here.
- Alphabet Playdough Mats by Parenting Chaos. Check out the mats here.
Numbers Playdough Mats
Number Playdough mats are a great way to help your child learn a variety of skills.
They can learn:
- Fine motor skills
- Tactile sensory play with the Playdough
- One to one correspondence
- Number identification
- Number recognition
- Reading number words
- Writing numbers 1-10
We love playing with Playdough and it is a great way to use sensory and tactile play to learn and have fun! We also love eating ice cream at our house, so I knew I wanted to create a fun ice cream shop Playdough mat to help my son and daughter learn about numbers. These number Playdough mats are a super fun way to help your child learn about numbers and be able to incorporate pretend play with opening up their own ice cream shop!
You can get your own FREE Ice Cream Number Playdough Mats by entering your email address below.
You can learn more about the Number Playdough Mats in this post:
Let’s make learning shapes a fun hands on activity! Once kids are able to recognize basic shapes we can help them learn to construct the shapes with a variety of materials. Making shapes out of Playdough allows the child to use their hands and engages their senses. As they build shapes they become even more aware of the characteristics that define each shape such as as the number of sides and vertices.
Check out these super fun and cute Shape Playdough Mats below:
- Shape Playdough Mats by Fantastic Fun Learning. You can check them out here.
- Shape Playdough Mats by PreKinders. You can check them out here.
Playdough Face Mats
Making Playdough Faces is a great way to help teach your child about different emotions and the parts of the face! Playdough can be such a fun sensory experience with squishing the Playdough in their hands and forming the different face shapes! The activity allows you opportunities to talk about different emotions in a fun learning activity!
You can get your own FREE Playdough Face Mats by entering your email address below.
You can learn more about the Playdough Faces Activity by checking out this post, Fun and Simple Playdough Faces Activity to Teach Kids Emotions .
Teaching emotions can feel overwhelming at times because there are so many different types of emotions and different situations where we feel emotions all day long. I wanted to give you a variety of Playdough Mats to help teach your child about feelings and emotions.
Check out these super fun and engaging Emotions Playdough Mats below:
- Teaching Feelings Today I Feel Playdough Mats by Fantastic Fun and Learning. You can check them out here.
- Fun and Simple Playdough Faces Activity to Teach Kids Emotions
Sight words are words that students should be able to read by sight. These are words that are difficult or impossible to sound out and thus must be memorized. Helping your child learn sight words through hands on experiences and engaging multiple senses is a great way to help your child memorize these words.
Check out these super helpful Sight Word Playdough Mats from these websites:
- Sight Word Playdough Mats by KindergartenMom. You can check them out here.
- Free Primer Sight Word Playdough Mats with Tracing by 3 Dinosaurs. Get the mats by clicking here.
- 44 Free Sight Word Playdough Mats by Forward with Fun. You can get them here.
Themed Playdough Mats
Themed Playdough mats are a fun way to use your child’s interests to help them learn new skills and develop their fine motor and hand skills. I love being able to use my child’s favorite animals or activities that they are interested in to help them learn and develop new skills. Check out all of these wonderful themed Playdough mats to help your child learn and have fun! I find that these are a great way to connect with your child and help them grow their imagination! There are so many endless opportunities!
Dinosaurs Playdough Mats
Stomp, Stomp, RAWR! These super fun and engaging Dinosaur Playdough mats are great for any child interested in learning more about dinosaurs. You can also learn about letters, shapes, and numbers!Check out these adorable dinosaur Playdough mats!
Making animals can be a fun way to explore their imagination. They can make animal sounds and act out different animal actions. Making animals out of Playdough can be a fun way to work on fine motor skills and learn a variety of skills. Check out these super cute and engaging animal Playdough Mats!
- Free Pets Animal Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn. You can check them out here.
- Farm Animal Playdough Mats by From ABCs to ACTs. Get them here.
- Dog and Cat Food Playdough Mats by PreKinders. Check them out here.
Making flowers can be a fun spring time activity especially when the weather is getting warmer. Making flowers can be a great way to work on counting the petals or making different petal shapes. You can also work on colors by mixing colors or making a variety of different flower colors. You can get these flower Playdough mats below.
- Flower Shape Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn. You can get them here.
- Free Flower Playdough Math Mats by Homeschool Share. Check them out here.
Don’t forget to get your free Face Playdough Mats to help your child learn about emotions.
Making pizza can be a fun way to play restaurant or a way to explore different toppings with your child. You can make different shapes to form the pizza toppings and then act out taking specific orders for customers!
Check out these fun pizza Playdough mats!
- Free Printable Pizza Playdough Mats by My Party. You can get them here.
- Pizza Alphabet Playdough Mat by ABCs of Literacy. Grab them here.
- Fabulous Playdough Mats by Simply Full of Delight. Get them here.
Getting to explore and learn about space can be a fun science activity for kids. You can form different shapes that you may see out in space or start some fun conversations about different planets and stars.
Give these Space Playdough mats a try!
- Space Playdough Mats by Nuture Store. You can get them here.
- Space Playdough Math Mats by Pre Kinders. Check them out here.
- Space Playdough Mat by the OT Toolbox. Grab your copy here.
Playing farm and pretending to take care of the farm animals or growing a garden can be a fun interactive way for your child to learn. Try having your child form shapes out of Playdough to form different farm animals or make shapes to feed them. You could pretend to set up your own little farm with toy figures as well too for added fun. Check out these fun farm Playdough mats to explore different farm scenes and farm animals.
- Farm Yard Playdough Counting Mats by Pre Kinders. Get your copy here.
- Farm Playdough Shapes Mats by Look We’re Learning. Grab it here.
Making cute little snowmen can be a fun way to help your child roll the Playdough into a “ball” shape during the winter months. It is always a great idea to have hands on learning indoor activities during those cold winter months. Check out these cute snowman Playdough Mats.
- Snowman Playdough Mats by Pre Kinders. You can grab them here.
- Snowman Shape Playdough Mats by Fantastic Fun and Learning. Get your copy here.
Monster Playdough Mats
Making monsters can be a fun way for your child to explore making a body, eyes, feet, and arms. They can add as many as they would like so you could work on counting how many they make. You can be as creative as you would like! Monsters can be a way to also explore topics of what your child may be afraid of and you could help them through those situations.
Check out these adorable monster Playdough mats!
- Monster Playdough Mats Free Printable by PIcklebums. You can get them here.
- Monster Playdough Mats by the Printables Fairy. Get your own copy here.
- Printable Monster Playdough Mats by Coffee Cups and Crayons. Grab them here.
We love ice cream at our house and we love playing ice cream shop. We love making new ice cream creations and making orders from customers. I created some super fun Number Ice Cream Playdough Mats below that you can check out for FREE! You can also check out these other ice cream Playdough mats too!
- Shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn. Get the ice cream mats here.
- Ice Cream Number Playdough Mats by Fairy Poppins. Grab your own copy here.
- Ice Cream Themed Playdough Mats by In All You do be Loved. You can see them here.
Are you looking for some fun and engaging apple Playdough mats that you can do with your students or your child at home? Check out these adorable apple Playdough mats below:
Free Apple Playdough Mats by Playdough to Plato
Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn
Apple Playdough Mats: Free Printable by Living Well Mom
Food Playdough Mats
We love exploring different foods in a hands on sensory experience. Learning about foods with Playdough can be a great way to take off some of the pressure to try new foods, but they can have exploring them in a new way! Check out these fun food Playdough mats especially if you child likes to play restaurant!
- Fun Food Playdough Mats by Picklebum
- Fabulous Playdough Mats Free Printable by Simply Full of Delight
We love making rainbows and learning about different colors. We love mixing the colors and seeing what colors they make. Make these colorful Rainbows with these Rainbow Playdough mats when you want to add more color to your day!
- Free Roll a Rainbow Playdough Mat Game by Crafts on Sea
- Rainbow Color Playdough Mats by Modern Preschool
- Free Rainbow Shapes Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn
Bugs and insects can make a fun learning experience. Do you have a child that loves to play outside and learn all about bugs and insects? Try out these Insect Playdough mats to help them explore and learn in a new way!
Ready, set, go to the rescue! Superheroes can be a fun and engaging play idea! Try out these hands on superhero Playdough Mats to help your child with their fine motor skills.
- Superhero Alphabet Playdough Mats by the Kindergarten Connection
- Superhero Playdough Mats by Homeschool Giveaways
Don’t forget to get your FREE Number Playdough mats below!
Seasonal Playdough Mats
Looking for Playdough Mats you can use during the Holiday Seasons? Check out all of these great seasonal Playdough mats!
Halloween Playdough Mats
Spooky and fun Halloween Playdough mats can be a great idea to add to your Halloween Themed Play ideas! Check out these fun Halloween Playdough mats below.
- Halloween Playdough Mats by The Printables Fairy
- Halloween Playdough Mats by A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Halloween Playdough Mats for Fine Motor Play by Gift of Curiosity
Making pumpkins can be a great way to make new shapes and different faces while using Playdough. Check out all of these great pumpkin Playdough Mats.
- Free Printable Pumpkin Shapes Playdough Mats Activity for Preschoolers by Preschool Play and Learn
- Pumpkin Patch Playdough Mats by Living Well Mom
- Pumpkin Life Cycle Playdough Mats by Homeschool Share
The Christmas season be filled with so many emotions. Playing with Playdough and forming new shapes such as presents, Christmas trees, ornaments, or sugar cookies can be a great way to connect and have fun during the holiday season. Check out these fun Christmas Playdough Mats!
- The Best Gift From Teacher To Preschoolers: Christmas Play Dough Mats (Free Printable) by Early Learning Ideas
- Free Printable Christmas Playdough Mats by Picklebums
- Christmas Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn
Looking for hands on Playdough activities to do during the Easter season? Check out these Easter Playdough mats below.
- Easter Playdough Mats Free Printable by Picklebums
- Easter Playdough Mats by The Printables Fairy
- Printable Easter Playdough Mats by Messy Little Monster
Spring time brings on warmer weather and new opportunities to explore different shapes with Playdough. If you are needing some indoor activities for those rainy spring days try out these Spring Playdough mats!
- Free Spring Themed Playdough Mats by This Reading Mama
- Spring Playdough Mats Free Printable by Itsy Bitsy Fun
- Spring Playdough Mats: Free Printable by A Little Pinch of Perfect
The Fall season makes me think of falling leaves, warm apple cider, carving pumpkins, and a cozy couch and blanket. Fall time can start to get colder and you may need some more indoor activity ideas. Try out these fun fall Playdough Mats.
- Fall Playdough Mats- Great for Open Ended Play by This Reading Mama
- Fall Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn
Thanksgiving time is a wonderful time to go around and say what you are thankful for. You can also have a lot of fun exploring with Playdough and making turkeys! Check out these Thanksgiving Playdough mats to add some fine motor practice and learning during the Thanksgiving Holiday!
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats by the Printables Fairy
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats by Preschool Play and Learn
- Turkey Playdough Math Mats by Pre Kinders
Summer Playdough Mats
The summer time can be a great time to keep adding in those hands on learning experiences! These super fun summer Playdough mats can be a great way to add in some learning activities during those summer months!