Download your Free Playdough Face Mats Here
Get your free printable Playdough Face Mats Here! Enter your Email Address Below!
When you join the Inspiration to Play Email list you will get inspiration to play, have fun, learn, and connect with your child!
Making Playdough Faces
In order to make the Playdough faces you will just need a couple different colors of Playdough and then you can use our FREE Playdough Face Mats for you to print out!
This is a super simple invitation to play and learn all about different emotions!
For my 3 year old I was able to make a model for him to visually see what to do and then gave him the verbal directions on how to make the eyes, nose, and mouth. My one year old was even able to join in on the fun! She was able to squish, pull, and poke the Playdough! It was a great opportunity for us to talk about different emotions.
Steps on what to do
- Download the Playdough Face Mats from your email.
- Print the Playdough Face Mats and start making different faces out of Playdough!
- You can laminate them or place them in clear page protectors to help them last longer.
- You can also draw on the face mats or use dry erase markers and wipe off if you laminate or put them in a clear page protector.
- Have fun learning and talking about different emotions and parts of the face with your child.
Ways to expand the play!
Here are some loose parts you can add to the activity to expand the play ideas!
- googly eyes
- pipe cleaners
- yarn for hair
- popsicle sticks
- pony beads
- cut up straws
- plastic knives
- plastic Playdough scissors
- small rolling pin
Get your Free Printable Playdough Faces to Help Teach Emotions!
You can learn more about the playdough faces here!
Check out some research about when and how babies and toddlers learn emotions.